As I said in the introduction post of the stable, I made these walls with the purpose to fix the problems I found when I did the walls of the shed. So I tried to increase the modularity, setting the walls length to 2.5cm, and changed the 3D modeling steps, to better separate the boards.
The 3D model
The 3D modeling followed the usual procedure: the larger beams are cubes as wide as the base, while the wall is a cube divided in boards with a slightly bevel applied. In sculpt mode I then added the wood grains. With some spheres I made the nails.
Since the stable is an open building outdoor, as the shed, I made the walls 5cm high.
The 3D print
For 3D printing the walls I set the layer height to 0.2mm. You can see very well the wood grains and the boards.
I used the white and brown filament for this work.
I didn’t paint the walls made with the brown filament, but they have a problem: the color is a bit glossy and they look like a toy, a thing I don’t really like.
For the walls made with white filament I used the brown and the black acrylic paint.
I 3D printed the walls I needed, without thinking too much what filament I had to use, so some walls are white, while other are brown. Here some photos of the walls, sort by filament colors:
Here how it should be the stable assembled (without the roof)
I know that isn’t good using the unpaint piece, but I just need to show you the result.